FMD Laboratory Investigation Training Course
EuFMD and the Foot-and-Mouth Disease World Reference Laboratory based at the Pirbright Institute invite those working in foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) laboratories around the world to take part in the second edition of the online FMD Laboratory Investigation Training Course.
The course involves 14 hours of interactive e-learning content studied over a four week period. The course will begin on 20th February 2019.
The course will be tutored by experts from the Pirbright Institute and EuFMD and provides a unique opportunity to discuss all aspects of diagnostic testing with colleagues from around the world.
What will you learn?
After studying this course you should be able to:
- interact with field staff and guide them in collection and submission of appropriate, quality diagnostic samples;
- select appropriate diagnostic tests to detect FMD virus and FMD virus-specific antibodies, and interpret the results of these tests;
- describe the principles of accurate virus detection test methods and assays used for serology;
- outline techniques for further characterization of FMD virus including genomic sequencing and vaccine matching tests;
- explain the importance and basic principles of laboratory Quality Assurance;
- explain the key principles of biosecurity and biosafety measures
to be carried out in an FMD laboratory.
How to apply?
To take part in this course you should be working in a laboratory and involved in supervising or conducting diagnostic testing for foot-and-mouth disease.
Please complete the form below. If you experience any problems with the form please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified: Monday, 21 January 2019, 3:21 PM