Introducing the Progressive Control Practitioners' Network
The Progressive Control Practitioners' network is an EuFMD network designed for anybody who is working to improve FMD control in countries which are not free of the disease, through the FAO/EuFMD/OIE Progressive Control Pathway for FMD Control (PCP-FMD). The network includes a number of training activities each month which are available free of charge to anybody interested to join.
This month the network is focusing on involving stakeholders in FMD control, to find out more read this month's timetable:
To join the network please click here:Join the Practitioner's Network
Chris Bartels and Jenny Maud introduce the Progressive Control Practitioners' Network
The network aims to help you to:
- connect to global colleagues working on similar issues;
- present your work and activities to others;
- learn from the experience of other countries and colleagues;
- access interactive, practical training on topics which relate directly to your work, from internationally recognized experts.
Hear from our practitioners:
Laure Webel-Vintzel (OIE) introduces the benefits of the Practitioners' Network on behalf of the FAO/OIE working group
Polex Moyo (Zimbabwe), a bronze level Progressive Control Practitioner, describes his experiences of the Practitioners' Network
Miroljub Marjanovic (Serbia), another bronze level certificate recipient, describes his experiences of the Practitioners' Network
Elisa Simone (Mozambique) who has also received her bronze level certificate, experiences of the Practitioners' Network
What happens each month?
During each month there will be a combination of:
- Webinars featuring international experts and members of the Practitioners' Network, presenting their work. Each webinar is followed by a short quiz which allows you to check your knowledge, and us to track your participation.
- Online training exercises: putting the webinar topics into practice. Again, a quiz accompanies the exercises.
- Knowledge bank resources for further reading
- Online discussions through our discussion forum: ask questions to the experts!
By joining the network you will gain access to recordings and training materials:
The following topics have been covered during previous months:
How do I join the network?To apply to join the network please click here. If you are not yet registered with the EuFMD e-Learning website you will be prompted to register with the site before joining the network.
Tracking your participation
You can pick and choose which training activities to follow according to your interests.
Many of the network's training activities are assessed, and have a number of "training points" associated with them. You can build up "training points" by taking part in network activities. Each training point corresponds to approximately 1 hour of training activities.
In order to network you should also complete the "Introduction to the Progressive Control Pathway" e-learning course. Click here for more details.
When you achieve a certain number of training points you will be sent a Progressive Control Practitioner Certificate.
10 training points: Bronze Level Progressive Control Practitioner
25 training points: Silver Level Progressive Control Practitioner
40 training points: Gold Level Progressive Control Practitioner